In 1989 the Fire Company celebrated its 200th Anniversary |
| By Union Fire Company No.1 | |
| August 24, 2026 | |
| Late in 1988 and early 1989, the company decided to establish the museum. Lead by John Sheaffer with a lot of help from members they began gathering historical items that had been put in storage all over the place. Pete Peterson got the 1929 LaFrance running again. The stain glass was taken out of storage and repaired by Hankinson Stained Glass for FREE. The framework for hanging it was done by John Sheaffer in his fathers garage. Creedon Shatto painted just about everything. Maslands donated carpet for the meeting room. Ron Hamilton spearheaded the sanding of the meeting room hardwood flooring. It was a lot of work as the engine room was stripped of everything in 1978 when the new station was occupied. Thankfully much of the items removed were "put in the basement". The pictures shown are from 1989....37 years ago.... Union Proud of its heritage! |
|